Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

This Christmas Eve brings me to an invitation for a Christmas gathering. Lovely house by the way... *blinks*

Photos? Definitely! I would never whet your appetite! ^^ Let me first give you a short brief. The owner does everything (almost) herself. I do not have the 'before' photos but if you are interested, you can have a look RIGHT HERE. Meanwhile, enjoy...

The Entrance
 
Alfresco Dining???
Worried about the heat? Fret not for there's a fan above. I just fail to take a snap of it.
I believe the coverings for the cushions and long chair were done by the owner herself.
I sat in one of the arm chairs - very comfy.
I can imagine myself sitting there with my partner, having a glass of GOOD wine and some light bites. With some breeze, this is LIFE!!! Even reading a book in this area makes it so inviting...
 
Just next to the Alfresco area, the Hall.
I'll have a better photo of the hall later.
 
The Chandelier
I've always have a liking to chandeliers. So classy, so pretty.
This is just on top of the dining table for your info.
 
There! The dining area.
I love the big mirror hanging on the wall.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?
Ha ha! Just kidding.
The dining table is 7 foot and made of black/grey granite.
Ooooo classy!
Sorry no photo of the dining table. Allow me to explain!
Earlier guests have seated themselves comfortably for dinner. It would be rude of me to go around taking photos while they are enjoying. Do you not agree?
 
Ahhh... This lamp. Done by the owner and perhaps her Mom as well?
 
Ok abrupt stop to all the pretty stuff. Not that this froggie isn't pretty.
It's cute but it's totally out with the deco.
Nonetheless, a house isn't perfect or beautiful with expensive or fanciful deco.
In my opinion, a house is a place you call HOME. The furnitures can mis-match like nobody's business but if it makes you feel HOME and COSY, I say viola! You managed to get it! ^^
Cute Froggie.
 
Master Bedroom
Furnitures aren't new but look just as great!
Curtains throughout the house were sewn by the owner's Mom.
I can only go Wah...
 
Closer look of the Dressing Table
 
This sofa here, the owner upholster herself!
I'm truly amazed... The cushion there, sewn by the owner.
 
Guest Room
 
Wardrobe in Guest Room
 
Owner's Mom's Room
 
I LOVE this chair. Looks so adorable.
 
Wardrobe of Owner's Mom's Room
 
Just look at the knobs!
Very detailed indeed!
Wardrobe in Master's Bedroom is of a different design.
 
Better view of The Hall
 
Cuckoo Clock
 
Backyard Garden
There's lemongrass, lady's finger, Kai Lan, Lime Leaves, Chiku
 
Nah! The Chiku Plant!
 
Wine Barrel
There's 3 of these at her pad
 
 
Such a big place, how to clean up?!
 
Ha ha... iRobot to help around.
I'm sure this alone isn't sufficient.
I would consider it as a Helper and that's as far as it can be.
 
I'm truly amazed and darn proud of the owner! If you're reading this IS, I give you big pads on your shoulder AGAIN! I'm truly truly proud of you! YOU MADE IT!!!
 
Notice how matchy matchy the pattern is on the cushion, curtain, bedsheet, chair is for each room? Very detailed! The owner is good with her hands in most things except for gardening. I guess for that aspect, just leave it to what she would call - her Chief Gardener. Ha ha... Chief Gardener makes good fishballs and chili sauce by the way. Her braised duck, Heavenly!!! Her ngioh hiang *sigh and reminisce*.
 
Both owner and her Mom are good people who are humble with good character. It runs in the family. I'm also humble and possess a good heart! Ha ha... *laughs hysterically*
 
Ok enough about my madness!
 
I didn't take photos of the food but it's good. We've 2 types of salad, roast chicken (guests feel that turkey's tough so yeah... Turkey, you have been saved), roast beef (this is soft and tender. Nice), satay (nice peanut sauce), Beef Rendang (this was cooked by the owner's Mom. OMG. It was GOOD!!!) etc. There's also fruits (Jambu, Strawberries & Cherries), coffee, ice cream etc. The owner's Mom also made Wanton with Tom Yam soup. The wanton is fat and nice. The Tom Yam soup is mean... made by the owner's Mom. You think it's from a paste bought from stores ah? No lor... I've the priviledge of enjoying food cooked by the owner's Mom since young. She's a really good cook! *reminisce again*
 
If she's reading this, *shouts* Aunty! You good cook ah!!! Ha ha... I remember the meat pie, roast chicken. That smell from the oven everytime you bake stuff makes me want to kill myself (in a good way). Her chee cheong fun, even her veggie! Lovely!!! I wonder why the owner isn't fat. Unbelievable! Good genes??? Ha ha... *winks*
 
Before we leave, we were given Almond & Fruits cup cakes!!! Such hospitable people! Then J invited them to our place when there's an opportunity. *stress liaoz* I wonder if we can be that hospitable. Ha ha...
 
Well, last night was THE best Christmas Eve I've had in my life, I kid you not! It's not just the beauty & cosiness of the house. It's also the company, the atmosphere, the people.
 
I'm so happy I'm back!!! I'm sure IS understands what I meant with this sentence. I'm really blessed to know them!
 
Have a Blessed Christmas!!!
 
Oh! I almost forgot! We brought Olle Bollen. It's pot luck after all. It is a small round doughnut that is a traditional food served on New Year's Eve in Holland. They are fried and due to duration, don't taste as good anymore when we reach there. Haiz... Ps... Never mind!!! There's always next year??? *winks*
 
Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment