Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015

1st Visit to Comnam @ Raffles City

My 1st even though it incorporated some time back.

Freshly Pressed Sugarcane Juice with Kaffir Lime Leaves
Verdict: Nothing special. Can't taste the kaffir leaves but then again, it could be my tongue issue.

Salad of Grilled Chicken, White Cabbage, Fresh Herbs & Roasted Peanuts
Verdict: I LURVE this! Sour and spicy. Yumz...

Crispy Squid, Dill & Green Chillies
Verdict: Forgettable.

Enough of side dishes. We now move on to our main dishes!

5-Spice Stewed Beef with Fried Egg & Pickles
This was my main dish.
Verdict: Beef were tender but tasted ordinary. Nothing to shout about really.

Marinated Fried Pork Cutlet with Chicken Ham, Viet Steamed Egg with Pork & Fungus & Pickles
This was A's main dish.
Verdict: It was alright. Ordinary.

Fried Aromatic Chicken with Viet Steamed Egg with Pork & Fungus & Pickles
This was C's main dish.
Verdict: C didn't like it. I wonder why... Both A and myself like this and said that among the 3, this is the best! Chicken were tender. Oh well... I guess one's delicacy is another's poison. >.<

The meal doesn't come cheap.
Drink was $3.50.
Main dish were $9.90 each except for the Fried Aromatic Chicken which was $8.50.
The Crispy Squid was $5.50 and the Chicken Salad was $5.90.

With such prices, frankly speaking, I'd rather go next door i.e. Nam Nam.
Food there taste SO MUCH better...
Oh well... at least we've tried Comnam!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment