Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Wednesday, 18.06.2014

I was at my church camp from Sunday and only came back yesterday.
Even though J wasn't able to join me, I'm glad I didn't change my mind on going for the camp.
I'm really, really glad I went. You cannot imagine how God is so good to me. =)

Our theme song is Take Us To The River. When I sang it, I'm so filled with revival. The lyrics was good as well. The people in the camp sounded like we're singing our lungs out when we reach the chorus:
For the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon us
This Is The Year of The Lord
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon us
This Is The Year of The Lord

Such great joy when we sang - This Is The Year of The Lord.
Can you imagine singing that in a group of about 200 people? I can surely feel the presence of God. Such a wonderful feeling!

Our Pastor gave an opening speech. 2 words which sums up the camp to follow - Revival & Community. Indeed, many were revived! Me? I felt much joy, love, care, concern and just pure greatness. For sure I felt community. Together, we stand United! Such a great feeling and it's my 1st camp.

I felt so motivated, so loved etc. So much so that I'm thinking of going for a mission trip to Vietnam this December. The main purpose of me wanting to go for the camp is for J. The secondary reason is for me to know more people from my congregation.

In the end, I know many and I can finally put a name to the familiar faces I see in church week after week. It's so good, so good to come together, have fun and worship The Lord.

Words cannot express how happy I am. =) It's been a while since I felt such deep emotions. =)

God is good! He introduced me to 2 sisters whom I knew on the 1st day and we connected instantly.
God also introduced me to an elderly couple who touched me during a prayer meeting on the 3rd day.
You see, our breakfast starts at 8 a.m. and our Pastor invited us to meet at 7.30 a.m. to pray together before going for breakfast. This prayer is not compulsory. I went for it on the 2nd day and the 3rd as well.
It was on the 3rd day that I prayed with this elderly couple. When we finished praying, the lady held my hand. We held each other's hand and pray our family prayer. That gesture, that feeling of being touched. That was a really great and comforting feeling. It's a kind of quiet, not loud, not exaggerated. Just subtle, comforting, warm and nice feeling. I'm really grateful she did that. It made me feel really warm inside. I felt loved. I felt the love of my fellow brothers and sisters, the love of God. Now that is also revival. When it touches you, brings you back to life, that is revival.

God works in such amazing ways! Ways I can never understand. At times, I'm frustrated with how He works but now, I felt much much joy. It's not happiness for happiness goes away at a split second. It's joy that I felt and such joy is not easily gone. =)

Lord Jesus Christ, I'm really grateful for Your love, grace and mercy. I thank You for being kind to me, not ever forsaking me. I thank You that Your love for me is unconditional and that You accept me for who I am. Indeed, I need nobody, I need nothing so long as You are with me. I pray that You will let me always remember of Your great love for me and I pray that I will continue to walk with You till the end of my life when I'll join You once more, forever praising You.

My dearest readers, if you have not found a purpose to your life, if you are still wondering and is confused, if you need answers or if you are just curious, our church has a program called The Alpha Course. It's non-threatening. It's very friendly and there's no obligations. It's just a program set out to answer questions, whatever questions or doubts. It's perfectly alright if you attend and at the end of the day, still do not accept Jesus Christ though it's our desire for you to find Him at the end of the day. If you would like more information, drop me an email! dreamyc81@gmail.com
Alternatively, you can drop by my church - St. Andrews Cathedral in Singapore. Ask any staff there and they will be more than glad to offer you more information.

Love your God with all your heart, all your might, all your soul and all your strength.
Love your neighbour as you love yourself.

Matthew 28:16-20 (NIV)The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I pray that you experience the joy, peace and love of God.

Shalom!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment