Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

Pete's Place Not My Kind of Place

Given that the kiddos do not have to attend school this entire week, J decided to bring them out for a good meal. They have always liked pizza and instead of going to our usual joint – Prego, J has decided to bring them to Pete’s Place.

The entrance.


Hall of Fame?


We start off with some bread. I was told that the bread and butter are all house made. Butter was good. I quite like the focaccia bread with sun dried tomato. Yummylicious but then again, they are my favorite bread. The ones served here – not bad ah… I do apologise for the photos to follow. Poor lighting and Samsung Note 8.0 no flash. Also, I left my portable flash in the car. It’s a nice gadget. Talk about that next time.
Both J & I ordered the same starter – Burrata cheese. It’s something like mozzarella cheese. Let me give you the Wikipedia’s explanation on this.

Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese, made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella while the inside contains both mozzarella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture. It is also defined by some sources as an outer shell of mozzarella filled with butter or a mixture of butter and sugar. It is usually served fresh, at room temperature. The name "burrata" means "buttered" in Italian.
Ok so there you go… Saves me some explaining work. >.<



I Love, Love, Love the tomatoes in this dish. Sweet but not the artificially kind. Fresh sweet. Lovely! Best tomatoes I’ve tasted thus far! No joke! The cheese? It’s my first time tasting Burrata cheese and I’m not a fan. Give me my Mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano anytime!


Next up, Fatty’s dinner – Spaghetti Carbonara. I didn’t taste it but according Fatty, it was nice. He liked it.


Handsome’s dish was some kind of chicken with polenta. It tasted alright. Nothing fantastic. Poor boy didn’t enjoy it. He was busy munching the pizza away.


We ordered the Magherita Pizza as Dumbledore couldn’t quite set his mind on Spaghetti Carbonara or Magherita Pizza. In the end, he shared the spaghetti with Fatty and the pizza with the rest of us except for J. Pizza was ordinary. I’d prefer the one from Prego.


J had Minestrone soup as his main dish.

Me? My main was Gamberi. It’s linguine with chili, garlic and I-don’t-remember-what-else. It’s not tomato based. Neither was it cheese based. It’s more like an Aglio Olio. Oh… I remember now! It’s also comes with prawns! For the price, I’m better off with pasta from Prego. The linguine was over-cooked! What a disappointment! I’m a fan of spaghetti and linguine. What a waste!


With a huge bottle of San Pellegrino & 2 glasses of apple juice, the bill comes up to almost 230 bucks! Totally not worth it… Would I pay 230 bucks for good butter, nice bread and lovely tomatoes? Nah!!!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment