Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Coconut Flour Bread

I ran out of ideas for breakfasts. Can't get baby spinach, can't get kale, S didn't buy bananas...
Can't do a smoothie. Well, technically speaking, I can with other fruits and Greek Yogurt but I need my greens... Yes, I'm choosy like that. I then thought of taking some bread but I only have white bread which in my opinion is a waste for me since there's not as much fibre as compared to wholemeal ones. I don't want to buy those outside ones as I do not know what they add into it.
Bake some myself? I would if I had some wholemeal flour.
So many obstacles and excuses. I ended up baking for myself, a Coconut Flour Bread!
Easy, lots of fibre and ingredients are ready!


How's the taste? Dry and bland. I personally slab on butter generously when I want to have a slice.
I added lots of shredded coconut for that added texture.

Here's the recipe:
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup coconut oil 
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder (I don't have any available so I used baking soda)
6 x eggs (Yup! You read that right!)
1 cup shredded coconut

Recipe says to bake at 175 deg C for 40 minutes. That's too long for me and my oven sucks so I've got to make some changes. I baked it at 170 deg C for 20 minutes and 130 deg C for 10 minutes. I then switched the oven off and leave it still inside for 5 - 10 minutes. I ended up with sides burnt but no burnt taste. I baked it with a piece of aluminium foil on top and only remove for the last 10 minutes of baking.

Recipe calls for coconut oil, ghee or melted butter. I used coconut oil as I'm doing a coconut bread and everything coconut is like coconut to the max! Ha ha... Besides, I've coconut oil available.

A slice if pretty filling. I cut them into 8 slices and each slice gives me 3.75 g of fibre.
The smell of coconut - Lovely!
I would have it with a cup of tea so it goes down my throat better.
I've read that some ladies added 1 cup water to it before baking so it's lighter and less dense.
I might try that out next time. This loaf will last me till this Sun... ^^

I wish you an enjoyable mid-week!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment