Pages

Saturday 15 August 2015

Old School Delights

I went there after my cousin told me that it's worth checking out.
He liked the ambiance. Food wise, he said it's alright.
Since it's near my working place, I went there for lunch on 2 occasions!

First time round, I sat on Table 10
I was given a board to write down the food I want to order.
Thereafter, I hand this board back to the staff there.

Games of my generation can be found at every table

Barley with Lemon
Verdict: Alright... Wouldn't order again though

Hey Bee Hiam Pulut
Verdict: I can taste the Hey Bee Hiam. I had wanted it to be spicy. Nice... This, I will order again.

Hainanese Chicken Cutlet Rice
Verdict: Overall, I didn't like this as much though I'm very impressed with the chicken. Till today, I'm still wondering how they can make the chicken crispy yet not greasy AT ALL! Airfryer perhaps???
I didn't like the sauce on the chicken and the rice is tasteless even though it smelled great.

Pound Cake
Verdict: It still taste pretty good after putting it in the fridge for a day. I'm sure it'll taste great on the same day of purchase. I just forgot about it. Heh heh...

On my 2nd visit, I ordered this - Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
Verdict: Yummy... I would definitely order this again.

I visited the eatery especially on Friday as the Horfun is only available from Friday to Sunday.

Horfun in Mushroom Sauce
Chicken Kibbles
Verdict: I LURRRVVVEEE the horfun. They are really generous with their mushroom. I love mushrooms! Easy to consume too!
The chicken kibbles was good too! Like the chicken in the Hainanese dish, this was crispy and not greasy. Can I also say that their chili padi is also very spicy? This shows that it's fresh!

Well, that's it for me. I'll most probably visit Old School Delights for the Horfun and I'll definitely give their Sticky Chewy Chocolate Cake a try. A staff was preparing it when I was about to leave on my 2nd visit.

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment