Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

My 1st attempt in a SSS Challenge

So I just found out about the SSS Wednesday Challenge and decided to give it a go.


One can upload a total of 5 cards and this challenge takes place every Wednesday. I must say that the time frame is pretty short. Oh well... the reward is good. It is a 50 dollar voucher. Sweet~~~

We are encouraged to use Gelatos and I happen to own only a few. I bought a few green ones to try it out and somehow, I couldn't do good stuff with them and hence, did not expand my collection. When I saw this challenge, I didn't know what I could do with a few greens and a gold and a silver. Yes, that's pretty much what I have. No more than 5 and no variations in color. =( Nonetheless, I tried...

I made a total of 2 cards and this is 1 of them.

I use the colors that I have on hand to color a background stamp which I believe is from Hero Arts.

The sentiment is from SSS, purchased last year.
I used wink of stella in silver to color the sentiment.
Then, I used clear embossing powder to do a 2 layer coat.


Add in a few sequins here and there...

Add in a couple of black strips of paper and wink of stella in black to give it a 'little' shine.
I did a total of 3 coats of that shine. =)

So there you go! A simple card which isn't my best but I thought I did pretty alright given the limited number of gelatos I have on hand.

Trust me, I almost want to dash out of the house and buy me some gelatos in other colors so I could enter this challenge but I didn't have sufficient time to buy the gelatos AND enter the challenge. >.<

Have a great mid-week!

Dreamy C

PS: Oh no... After uploading this on SSS, I realised that Jo used the same background stamp much earlier than me. No originality on my part... =(

No comments:

Post a Comment