Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Tuesday, 01.07.2014

The 40-day prayer starts today. It's something the church has been practicing for years and it's mainly 40 days to National Day. It's a booklet which has prayers for helpers, closed ones etc. but mainly for the country. Call it a devotional book if you want. Read it HERE. I just found out that you can place an order for it. =)

I'm really glad that the stuff that I ordered yesterday afternoon, arrived yesterday evening. The order was made from Mapletree House (MTH) and I made it a point to order those where they have stock for. There's a stamp set from Lawn Fawn which they have no stock for. I'll have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. I was also told that my Fiskars paper trimmer (the replacement) will arrive this week.

Talking about paper trimmers, I just found out about Cutterpillar Pro and have been thinking whether I should get it. It cost 220 bucks from MTH and I believe it's about the same price as the Fiskars ProCision Bypass paper trimmer, the one which is big and heavy.

From MTH, I purchased a few stamp sets from MaMa Elephant and a die set from MaMa Elephant. I also got my 200 pcs of A4 paper which is giving me a slight problem now.
You see, a standard A2 card measures 4.25" x 11" (unfolded). The paper which I purchased from SSS usually gives me 2 x A2 cards. The paper from MTH cannot give me 2 x A2 cards. Instead, it can give me 2 x 4" by 11" cards. Not that it is a big deal but it bugs me knowing that it's 0.25" short.
I've given a call to a printing shop in Queensway SC and asked them if they provide services for cutting paper. Why? Simply because I don't want to go through the trouble of cutting 400 x pcs of paper to the right size myself. It cost around $2.50 per dimension. I think that's affordable to save me the hassle. =)
After I get them cut to the size I want, I intend to buy 5 x sets of #110 Neenah Solar White from SSS. I'll use that as my card base. =)

Let me show you how the cards for my church looks like...



For this card, I intend to put sequins instead of liquid pearls



Breakfast today was a packet of nasi lemak with tofu, otah and fish fillet.
Lunch will be sushi.
Dinner? Not sure...

Well, that's all for me today. I'm going to start my 40-day prayer program today after work. I'm going to try and get the girls in my DFG to also join in. =)

Have fun!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment