Pages

Thursday 18 December 2014

What Do You Do When You Are Stressed Up???

I was just wondering what YOU do when you're STRESSED UP?
Do you munch on junk like choc, candies, cupcakes?
Do you turn to calming tea for help?
Do you go out and take a breather?
Do you play some games on your mobile when you get some time?
Do you go for an exercise?

Feeling stressed is a reality and today, I'd like to share with you, what I do when I'm stressed up.
I take a cupcake like the one I bought yesterday! See...
From Left to Right: Peppermint Choc (taste alright), Red Velvet, Kinda Bueno (taste better than Peppermint Choc but not as good as Red Velvet)

Can you tell this is my favorite? Ha ha...

Instead of eating junk, I thought of eating healthier 'junk'.
I give you... Labneh! It's actually strained yoghurt.
Let's get down to how it's done shall we? ^^

First, you mix 500g Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt. This time round, I use plain yogurt instead.
Change it to sugar if you lean more towards sweet stuff!
I'm more of a savory person. =)

Put the sieve on top of a bowl.
Bear in mind that it has to be a deep bowl so there's space for the liquid to drip down.

Next, lay some cheesecloth/muslin over your sieve or whatever container you have which has holes so the liquid can drip down. I couldn't get cheesecloth or muslin. So, I'm using Bamboo Cotton. It can be purchased from Spotlight.

Now, scoop the mixed yogurt onto your cloth.

Tie it up with a string or whatever which can be used to secure it.

Place this set up into the fridge for 5 - 6 hours, longer if you like firmer Labneh.
You got to do a few trials to get the consistency you prefer. ^^

The liquid (dripped out) is called whey which you can use to make bread, cakes etc. When the recipe calls for some liquid, use this whey. I read that it's both nice and nutritious!

Now back to the Labneh...
After 5 - 6 hours or even overnight, untie the string and there you have your plain Labneh!

Roll them into small little round balls and store in a jar filled with olive oil and a few sprigs of thyme.
In my case, it's thyme leaves as I don't have fresh ones at point of making.
Leave it in the olive oil for at least a day.

When you want to consume, you can mix the Labneh with some pistachios, parsley and the olive oil from the jar.
Eat it with bread or chips.
Yumz...

What I would do better next time is to leave it hanging so the liquid can better drip down as I find them still a little too soft for my liking despite leaving it dripping for more than 8 hours.

I got to know about Labneh from my cousin by the way.
I've to thank her for that!

Go try it out and eat it the next time you have some cravings or feeling stressed.
I can't wait to try mine...
I wish you a GREAT day ahead!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment