Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

Roast Duck from Toh Kee

While trying to get the contact number of Fatty Cheong, I chanced upon Toh Kee from Hungrygowhere. I clicked on it and was tempted to give it a try.

Toh Kee sells roast duck which is pretty dark in appearance. Dr Leslie Tay called it the Dark Lord. Ha ha... I went back home and checked on Dr Leslie Tay's book and found Toh Kee inside.

15th October 2013 being a holiday, I decided to make a trip to Chinatown just to buy their roast duck and Siew Yok. It was worth the trip!

The duck skin was not that bad considering that my journey back home took at least an hour. The Siew Yok? Marvelous! I LOVE it! The skin was crispy and the meat salty but not that salty.

Photo of the Plastic Bag...

Cantonese Style Roast Duck and Siew Yok

I'm so happy with it, I'm going down to Chinatown this Saturday again! This time round, I'm going to buy an entire duck and perhaps $20 worth of Siew Yok. Well, this is for 7 people to consume as I'm going down to my Da Yi's place for dinner! I'm so looking forward to her soup. My relatives from my maternal side are Cantonese so that explains the wonderful soup I've been enjoying since a young age. 

So very happy and so looking forward...

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment