Pages

Sunday 21 April 2013

Broken City

J & I went to Vivocity today for movie - Broken City. We went to our usual joint for lunch. Food's good. I had too much as a matter of fact.

Let's carry on with the movie. Broken City's actors are Russell Crowe, Mark Wahlberg and Catherine Zeta-Jones. I hope I got their names right. Pardon me otherwise. The lady still look good for a 44-year old. Not much opportunities for her acting skills here. I do like her very much in Chicago.

My verdict? It's not that bad but not fantastic. I would much prefer Django Unchained to Broken City. Not enough action going on and no suspense. If this were to be reflected on a beeper machine, it would be a straight line with no excitement. With these well known actors, acting is no compromise and it is not bad. Story line isn't impact-ful enough. I had higher hopes initially.

This is not the kind of movie which makes me want to buy the DVD even though I've watched it in the movie theater. Talking about movie, I've yet to utilize the Complimentary tickets from Golden Village and it's expiring end of this month. I shall put it into good use come Saturday. Perhaps 'The Place Beyond the Pines'? There's Eva Mendes, Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper. Let's see...

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment